Friday, July 17, 2009

It's been a while, But I've been busy!

Hello, it's been a long time since I have updated here.
I should be ashamed, but I have been busy in the studio.
It's a great excuse! I do tend to be neglectful of this space.
If you need a fix, you can also find me on Facebook and Flickr.

In June I was honored to be featured on the front page
of our local paper. The full story is at the link below the
image here, the same image was used in the article.
I was very pleased with the article and the exposure it
brought me.



ARTICLE

My most recent work is wall piece of a spot in my
front garden bed. An old and much loved water pump
there among the flowers and shrubs. I have completed
this same image on canvas with acrylic paints.
Now I am about half way through with the mosaic of
the same image. It is quite interesting to see the difference
in technique and results for each medium. I have been
having fun with all of it.



Prior to these fun projects I completed a few gifts
and a butterfly that is dear to my heart. A lost friend
prompted me to recreate an image from her photography
collection. My child's birthday, a thank you and an
anniversary were inspiration for the others.
Those projects are below...





Thanks for checking in here to see what I have been up to!


No comments: